Fire Recovery Services
Kitchen, Chimney, Electrical, Furnace and Garage Fire + Smoke Damage EXPERTS
We are here to help you as we have helped hundreds of others in your situation. Securing the site boarding up openings to the property and avoiding more damage is step one. Assessing damage and outlining plan of action for initial clean-up and restoration work ensuring a thorough process from start to finish is step two. The rest just flows:
- Packing, Moving, Storage, and Contents Cleaning Services prior to clean-up and restoration. We guarantee a fast and organized approach:
- Efficient tagging/inventory/recording systems
- Careful padding/packing to protect your possessions throughout the process
- Effective cleaning, polishing, and deodorizing of your possessions so that when they are returned they come back better than when they left
- Smoke odor and residue removal requires a careful, professional response. Our successful methods are proven and effective. Our techniques help:
- Prevent corrosion
- Detoxification of hazardous chemicals/carcinogens
- Decontaminate and deodorize, using thermal fogging
- Structural Cleaning of surfaces such as walls, ceilings, and floors as well as permanent cabinet and light fixtures
- Dry chemical sponging absorbs harmful soot and residues prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet cleaning lifts heavier soils as well as smoke and odors. We offer the newest technology in the industry known as Chemical Mist System, beneficial for cleaning ceilings.
- Dry Ice Blasting is deep cleaning method used in place of chemicals to remove odors and residue from fire damage.
- Reconstruction is based on our initial assessment and planning process. We offer the highest level of reconstruction and restoration. Annex Restoration is there from start to finish.
- Coordination with insurance companies
After a fire DO…
- Call a licensed professional to secure/board up your property from further damage.
- If renting, immediately call your landlord.
- Call your insurance company to report a claim and check your policy. Annex Restoration can be your advocate and plays a beneficial role with insurance companies.
- Contact a trusted restoration contractor, this may or may not be the same company that secured/boarded up the property.
- Open some windows to ventilate the property, but consider weather conditions (rain, freezing temperatures).
- Discard all foods where soot is found or if exposed to non-direct heat from the fire.
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely. If electricity is off, prop open doors using a rolled up towel.
- Contact plumber to drain heating system, if heat is off in winter.
After a fire DO NOT…
- Wipe or wash walls, ceilings, carpeted or hard floors or any other surfaces. Soot and ash contain chemicals that can be dangerous to your health and should be removed carefully by a professional.
- Use affected electronics including TVs, radios/stereos, etc. until cleaned and checked.
- Use affected upholstered furniture, if possible.
- Clean affected clothing with ordinary cleaning products or dry-cleaning.
- Consume exposed food, including canned food, which has been affected by excessive heat.